Terms & Conditions
Thank you for selecting Pioneer products and services. These terms and conditions constitute your agreement with Pioneer and will apply to your order for the repair service of your Pioneer product.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1. Your personal data is being collected for the purposes of the repair service and / or for serving the warranty for your Pioneer product and contacting you in relation to the same.
2. Your personal data will be appropriately managed pursuant to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and its regulations thereunder.
3. You may access or correct your personal data by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for requests to access personal data.
REPAIR SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The valid warranty card together with the original purchase receipt must be produced when registering your Pioneer product for repair / service under warranty. For repair / service under warranty, please refer to Warranty Terms and Conditions as stated below, in addition to these Repair Service Terms and Conditions. Repair / service charges for Pioneer products without the valid warranty cards and the original purchase receipts shall be imposed accordingly.
2. Pioneer shall be at liberty not to accept your Pioneer product for repair / service and or not to undertake or proceed with any repair / service of your Pioneer product in the event that the same has in our opinion been tampered with (including the alteration / defacing / removal of serial numbers), altered, modified and or otherwise have been repaired by unauthorised parties and or which may contradict and or be inconsistent with our service policies.
3. An administrative / service charge in accordance with our standard prevailing rate (exclusive of the applicable goods and services tax which shall be solely borne by you) shall be imposed in the event that the repair / service is not proceeded with after assessment.
An additional transport charge in accordance with our standard prevailing rate (exclusive of the applicable goods and services tax which shall be solely borne by you) shall be imposed in the event of outdoor / home service attendance.
Pioneer shall be at liberty to impose charges, including normal repair / service and transport charges and or any other reasonable charge, in the event of our attendances for the purposes of demonstration, installation and or other service requirements which shall be beyond the scope of the terms and conditions of warranty.
The waiver of any charge shall only be at our absolute discretion.
4. Pioneer may, in the event of outdoor / home service attendance, be required to undertake and complete the repair / service of your Pioneer product at our service centre due to the unavailability of particular service parts and or for any other reason.
Pioneer shall notwithstanding the above not be liable in any manner howsoever in the event of any inability / delay on our part to undertake and or complete the repair / service by reason of the non-availability of parts, non-conformity of your Pioneer product to specifications due to tampering, unauthorised modifications and or by any other reason beyond our reasonable control.
5. Your Pioneer product shall, in the event of your deposit of the same at our service centre, be returned to you only on the presentation of this tax invoice and or proof of your ownership.
6. All charges for repair / service shall be paid in full on or before the completion of repair / service and or at the collection of your Pioneer product at our service centre.
7. Your Pioneer product shall, in the event of your deposit of the same at our service centre, be collected at our service centre within twelve (12) weeks from the date of notification of the completion of repair / service or from the date on which instructions were given to us not to proceed with repair / service, failing which Pioneer shall be at liberty to deal with and or otherwise dispose of the same at our absolute discretion without any liability to you.
8. Your Pioneer product (excluding accessories, for example remote controls and headphones) shall be warranted against identical and or direct consequential defects for a continuous period of twelve (12) weeks from the date of completion of chargeable repair / service.
There shall be no further extension of warranty for subsequent repair / service undertaken during the said period.
The said warranty shall not include service parts replacement which shall be charged accordingly.
Pioneer shall be at liberty to revoke and or withdraw any warranty in the event that your Pioneer product has in our reasonable opinion been used in a negligent / reckless manner, misused and or otherwise used in a manner contrary to and or inconsistent with our operating instructions.
9. You shall carry out the necessary checks to your Pioneer product at the time of collection by / redelivery to you and raise the necessary claims (if any) without further delay.
10. The duration of repair / service of your Pioneer product may be extended without any liability to you howsoever due to the unavailability of service parts and ordering lead time.
11. It is your responsibility to backup all existing data, software and programs and to erase all existing data, especially those pertaining to personal data and to disable all security passwords before handing over your Pioneer product for the Service. Pioneer is not responsible for any loss, recovery or compromise of data, programs or loss of use of equipment arising out of the Service provided by Pioneer. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.
12. Service is not available for issues caused by failure of or incompatibilities with any software or data residing or recorded on your Pioneer product.
13. During the Service, Pioneer may install system software updates as part of Service that may prevent your Pioneer product from reverting to an earlier version of the system software. Third party applications installed on your Pioneer product may not be compatible or work with your Pioneer product as a result of the system software update.
14. The terms and conditions of service and the provision of repair / services shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Our warranty shall be applicable in the Republic of Singapore only.
2. Your warranty card duly stamped by the authorised dealer together with the original purchase receipt must be produced when ordering for the warranty repair service of your Pioneer product.
Repair / service charges for products without your warranty card with the authorised dealer stamp and the original purchase receipt shall be imposed accordingly.
3. Your Pioneer product shall be warranted against manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a continuous period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
The undertaking and or completion of repair / service of your Pioneer product by Pioneer shall in no circumstance extend our warranty which shall thereafter continue to apply only for the remaining period of this warranty.
4. Your warranty card shall be immediately rendered invalid and unenforceable if tampered with or defaced or in the event of manifest error in information provided by you.
Responsibility of ensuring the accuracy and completeness of information shall be solely borne by you.
5. Our warranty shall be applicable to you as the purchaser of Pioneer products and shall in no circumstance be transferable and or otherwise exchangeable for any benefit.
6. Our warranty shall be immediately rendered invalid and unenforceable if your Pioneer product shall in our opinion have been tampered with (including the defacing / removal of serial numbers), altered and or modified and or otherwise have been repaired by unauthorised parties.
7. Pioneer reserves the right at our option and absolute discretion to replace your Pioneer product, in lieu of repair, with a similar / upgraded model of an equivalent or prevailing value without further liability to you in relation to your Pioneer product and upon which replacement the remaining period of our warranty shall continue to apply to the replacement product.
Pioneer shall not be liable howsoever for any delay and or failure to undertake and or complete repair / service due to causes beyond our reasonable control including the non-availability of component parts.
8. Our warranty shall be subject to the following limitations and exclusions :
(a) damage, defects and or malfunctions resulting from dust, interference of foreign object, natural disaster, lightning, fire, water and or liquid substances, exposure to sunlight, improper ventilation, drop from height, inoperative / leaking batteries, civil unrest and or accident;
(b) damage, defects and or malfunctions caused by the use of improper electrical supply, improper installation, connections to other incompatible equipment, input voltage beyond specifications, use of incompatible batteries, misuse, improper use contrary to cautions / directions / instructions / specifications referred to in the operating manual, mishandling and or consequential damage due to negligence and abuse;
(c) commercial / industrial use of domestic models;
(d) exterior appearances and or finishing and fair wear and tear;
(e) software media which does not conform to the specifications referred to in the operating manual and or the playability of the said media;
(f) loss of any data, memory input and or setting during operation and or in the course of repair / service;
(g) installation / dismantling of car stereo systems for repair / service / after repair / after service;
(h) installation / dismantling / demonstration and instruction on the usage of your Pioneer product;
(i) accessories (e.g. cables, antennas, remote controls, speakers, microphones, batteries etc.) and free gift items; and
(j) inactive cells and or after / burn-in images in panel display screens.